We are 10 distinctive, neighboring counties comprising one powerful region of opportunity – a place where there’s strength in numbers, literally.
Essentials for successful business investment – competitive cost of doing business; educated, skilled workforce; academic, corporate and government R&D activity; and energy resources, in particular ample Marcellus Shale natural gas supplies – are bundled here and are uniquely Pittsburgh plusses.
Five key industry sectors form a balanced, diverse and dynamic economic base that showcases southwestern Pennsylvania’s past, present and future-focused strengths in:
- Three rivers I U.S.’s second largest inland port
- 18 commercial railroad systems
- Interstate highway access
- Access to 50%+ of U.S. buying power within 500 miles
- Pittsburgh International Airport I 500+ flights weekly, including seasonal transatlantic nonstop service
- Eastern Time zone
- Low risk of natural disaster
Take a look at some the recent investments that companies have made in the Pittsburgh region.
Up to 6,000 construction jobs; 600 permanent jobs when complete.
Expanding into 20,000 SF building in Pittsburgh’s Strip District.
Leasing 20,000 SF for its Oculus virtual reality research center.
$39M investment in state-of-the-art Center for Additive Technology Advancement.
New Global Headquarters.
New Advanced Technology Center.